I really didn't want to be one of those bloggers that gets excited in the beginning and then doesn't blog for a month so it frustrates those looking for new info. Sorry about that...to those 4 or 5 people who care to know! First off, thanks for the comments...that was kind of fun reading them. And Mindy, just for the record, I attended the OTS concert on Saturday evening and it was soooo good! But, I had no one to watch and wave to because you weren't there so as soon as your Thai stint is over, you'd better get back in so I'll have a friend. The Choir is scheduled to move back into the Tabernacle in April. There are several concerts scheduled for that and ours is the evenings of April 6 and 7. As always, we haven't seen any music for that yet, it's apparently an Easter Concert, but tickets will be very difficult to find. They rearranged the benches on the main floor so there is more leg room...but then that means fewer seats. Our first broadcast is scheduled for April 8. I'm excited, but a little saddened as well. My experiences as a Choir member have only been in the Conference Center so I think I'll miss that. That and the fact that when I've sat at my computer all day I've always been able to have the 10-15 minute walk from my car to the music boxes to the loft and then the same walk back at the end of the evening. I'll have to find another way to get in my exercise. But on the upside, everyone I've spoken to says the Tabernacle is so much better to hear each other...which is always a problem in the CONF. It'll be exciting, to say the least. Oh, and keep your eyes glued to your television/computer screens during the Saturday afternoon session of April conference...that's when you'll get a good look at the new interior! I'm trying to find a way to get a picture of the Tabernacle up on my blog before the world sees it...I'll see what I can do now that we have a little more access to the secret tunnels under and around Temple Square.
Lincoln's debut as an EFY video star...looks good. I saw a rough cut the other day. He's got a great "behind the ear" shot in one scene. All you Canadians will be happy to know he's made us proud by wearing his Roots toque! It rocks!!
So I don't think I have any great pictures to load. I'll see what I can do about getting a still of Lincoln's ear and toque in the next little bit. Stop by again to see additional pictures.
4th of July 2026
1 month ago
3 comments:
Finally I am rewarded for checking your blog every day!! That will be cool for the choir to be back in the Tabernacle. I think you will like singing there - I did a few times back in my high school days. It is smaller and has great acoustics, but it will definitely be a change from the conference center! Maybe to get exercise you can start taking laps around the dome in between songs...
Fabulous! Impressive! I'm excited to see the new and improved Tabernacle!
Oh Carol, it is so nice to hear updates about the tabernacle! I still get the emails from Barry, but it's not about the building situation. I LOVE that building, and so will you, it's the choir's home! Haven't they told you that? Think of me as you sneak in to the tunnels for pictures. I am already getting excited for conference! Although, I'm very jealous of all of you who get to watch in your Pajamas at home!
Post a Comment