skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Thanksgiving
I found this quote from Lloyd Newell's "Spoken Word" on a friend's facebook page, and I have to say....it pretty much sums up my whole feeling of gratitude.
"It is one of life's greatest truths that the giver of selfless service feels as much joy—and just as much reason to be thankful—as the receiver. Whenever we are in the right place at the right time to help, we feel an overwhelming sense of thanksgiving to our Maker for using us to bless someone in need."
I am sooooo grateful that I have friends who believe I am capable of doing things. Things that even when I'm doing an okay job, I still question my abilities.
AND....I am grateful I have friends who accept whatever I end up with. No matter what....when I'm done with whatever I have to offer, they make me believe I have helped them so much!
I have to agree with Lloyd.
I have received just as much...maybe more....these past few weeks. And I only hope I've learned a few things that will make me a better person.
So let me just thank a friend for allowing me to be in the right place at the right time this month of Thanksgiving.
4 comments:
we sang the same John Rutter song that Motab sang yesterday in ward choir.
Love it. Great quote!!
I don't know if you're already talking about her or not, but you've helped Mom SO MUCH lately (well, all the time) and I appreciate that. That video made the whole night; it really did. Thank you for doing that for our family!
Ever since the broadcast I've been mulling this idea over, too. Thanks for adding insight that I needed.
Post a Comment