So, Mom, Dad, and I went to Nauvoo and some other Church history sites in Missouri in April. I'll add some pictures at the end of this to confirm that we actually went. It was fun even if we had some nice rainstorms during the first day or two. No problem though...we were doing our big driving days then. We flew into St. Louis, picked up a rental car, stayed the night enroute to Independence. The following morning we spent the day in the car...went to a "Waffle House" for brunch (which was pretty greasy...), and then stopped in at the visitor's center at Independence. The next day we visited Liberty Jail, Far West, and Adam-ondi-Ahman. Great places to visit and get an idea of the life of the early Saints. The rest of the trip we stayed in Nauvoo. What a great place that is! I'm sure most of you have been there but if you haven't, make it a point to put that on your list of places to see in the next 5 years. It's worth it! There's a spirit there that you can't find in too many places and it stays with you.
Anyway, that's all I have time for. If you're reading this and want to attend the Elijah concert this weekend with Bryn Terfel, give me a call. I have a few tickets left for either Friday or Saturday performances. That would be May 11-12....thought it would be important to add the dates.
Enjoy the photos!
The Community of Christ Temple
Inside the Liberty Jail Visitor's Center
Overlooking the valley of Adam-ondi-Ahman
Carthage Jail and 82 yr old missionary guide!
Awesome condo in Nauvoo!!
Mom and Dad at the end of Parley Street by the Mississippi River
Outside the Pendleton Schoolhouse-Mom got an A!
After our second temple session
1 comment:
afer looking at all those pictures i realized one thing... Grandma has really skinny legs. I'm glad you posted a recent one. I hope to get back into blogging again. love you.
Post a Comment