
One of the bigger events the last few weeks just happened to be with the Choir. We sang Mendelssohn's Elijah with Bryn Terfel! Let me just say it was one of the highlights of my short sojurn in the Tabernacle Choir. I look back on the major events I've been able to participate in, and wonder if those who don't know the "who's who" of the musical world really understand how important the Mormon Tabernacle Choir is when it comes to missionary work with these people. Our experiences with Bryn have pretty much sealed that relationship and I think we'll see him several more times throughout the years. But he, and others who come, have an opportunity to feel the spirit and go on their way talking about those experiences with other people in their genre. I chalk it up to Craig and Mack. Both of them are without guile, and guests of the Choir sense that and are drawn to it. So who knows when we'll see Bryn again, but we'll definitely see him.
And now I must go walk. Diane's place really affords an opportunity to work muscles you didn't know you had when you're walking on the flatlands. Looking forward to a little burn!
No comments:
Post a Comment