Well, I knew it had to happen, but when I drove away from the lot back in 2002, I never realized I'd hit the 100,000 mile mark in FIVE years! It happened. And it happened during the biggest rainstorm of the year. Alison was down for the weekend and we had a countdown on our way home from Choir rehearsal last Thursday on a very rainsoaked stretch of the I-15. Of course we pulled off and drove slow along the shoulder until we got our pictures. Good thing as it was SOOOO wet the whole freeway was standing water. In fact on the radio they had these weather warning messages telling people to get into a secure location and stay away from windows. We just tucked in behind a FEDEX truck for the rest of the trip home—he cleared the standing water away and was our shield from all the wind. So now I'm on to a new adventure with The Car. It's been great so far, and from what I hear, 100,000 is baby steps in the life of a Honda!
4th of July 2026
1 month ago
2 comments:
I love that CAR!!! Hope to see you soon! love you!
What a monumental moment! I'm glad you were there to share it with The Silver Avenger!
Post a Comment