Friday, June 6, 2008

Combinations

I have this friend with whom I was discussing unusual food combinations that give the ol' tastebuds a run for their money (do tastebuds even HAVE money?). We were going back and forth when she mentioned a fried hotdog that is split (but not all the way through), then filled with mashed potatoes and topped with grated cheese and bacon bits. As she was describing that, I remembered having it when I was a kid. Did we? Or was it something similar? Either way, she was surprised something like that crossed borders!

So why the big story? Well, I was talking about the combinations to some friends at work today and decided I'd have to make it, so I came home tonight and did, and here's the result, with a little cucumber and tomato salad.



The stuffed hot dogs really tasted quite good (so did the cucumbers)! Thank heavens for unusual food combinations! Can't wait to try a few of the others we spoke about!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea! We're definitely trying those! And there's nothing better than a cucumber/tomato salad...unless, of course, you add a little Feta cheese on top.

Kathryn said...

Um Come make it for ME!!!

John Salmon said...

Looks good! I'm hungry now. But is there something else you can use other than hot dogs... I can't stand hot dogs!

Calloways said...

It's true about John hating hot dogs, he talks about it regularly...like probably eveery other time we see him!! But I like hot dogs so you can make it for me....better buy a plane ticket out here, then you can make at and John can be sad he doesn't like hot dogs. Hehehehe.