Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lofty Friends

The trick is to never speak the NAME of the organization-that-must-not-be-named. Sooooo....let me try something new.

I have two friends. They are in a different section from me. I met them on a plane last year. They were funny. They told great adventure stories. They made me laugh. I liked hanging out with them. When we got home we would walk down the long hallway to where our cars were parked. Sometimes we'd stand there and laugh and talk and solve the world's problems and forget that we were allowed to go home. For me I never worried about the time since...well...I have no one to go home to! Anyway, Cyndy left a little earlier than anticipated (that Paris France mission just needed her husband...and she just HAD to tag along). Soooo...this last week we (the other Carol and I), made up a story that became part of a little gift we're sending her for her birthday. I won't tell you the story, but I did some illustrations and just wanted to post one of them. If you know us, you'll understand when I say that a camera couldn't have captured these "three little girls" any better! And it's not about me...it was that little thing called "inspiration".



Let me just say this about friends. If you really love your friends, you're going to be there through it all...good, bad, even ugly. I have several friends who are like that for me...who have been such great examples...who have stuck with me (and all my quirks and idiosyncrasies) that it gives me hope that I'll be able to "get it" and reciprocate that kind of friendship!

2 comments:

Jenn -- said...

Yea for Fish! She blogged. I am truly lucky to have you as a friend.

p.s. Fish sightings on Saturday night. Woot! Woot!

Rachel said...

I read this little story at my mom's...very cute. And I LOVE the picture of you three.