Friday, November 13, 2009

Gratitude for the Food Festers

MO • Ardie • CarolJ • CarolS



I don't really know where to start with these fine women who have enriched my life, my kitchen tools, my recipe file, AND my waistline!!

Seriously...it started with MO (aka Sharon) talking with me about a project of which we have been compatriots...somehow the conversation moved to food....Sharon mentioned some recipe she had that sounded fabulous and I mentioned one I loved, and it just snowballed. And then the light went on....and we realized that we needed to do more than talk recipes....we needed to get together and share some of these recipes—in the kitchen!

And then I thought of these FAVULOUS cream tarts CarolJ makes...



and Sharon thought of this FAVULOUS shrimp cocktail Ardie concocts...


and well it took us just seconds before we realized it would be sooooo much better if we invited our "sissers"!!

Soooo....one day last February we took up our wooden spoons, donned our chef hats and aprons...



and shared our favorite recipes!


and so began a Favulous Food Festers Foursome!!


We've only really gotten together to seriously cook twice....BUT you know....it doesn't matter how many times you get together when you have a group like this....because a group like this will just pick up where we left off the next time we're together. In fact, I believe there'll be a kitchen in the eternities where we'll get together and share more than just recipes we love!


So today I'm grateful for my Food Festers "sissers".
For their love of good food, great recipes, friendship, and laughter!!

4 comments:

mj said...

looks delish.

Linda Salmon said...

Carol you know you can not talk about good recipes, you have to share them with us. It looks like you had a very fun time in making and eating. How wonderful to have friends that you can share all this with.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I met your parents on the 11th of this month. They are very nice :) (and tall!! :)

Have a great day!
cat ~

Sara said...

I'm with aunt linda. WHERE ARE THE RECIPES.