What is it about being at the office alone on a Friday night
that allows me to get so much done?
And why do I do this? Well....
If you work in a cube without a door....
can you avoid the "open door" policy?
I can't....people don't understand.
Even with headphones on.
Trust me....because my cube-neighbor Matt
wears headphones and I still WALK in!!
Thank you Matt for being such a nice neighbor!
Thank you Matt for being such a nice neighbor!
BUT I DIGRESS....
I pulled an Huhhuh–Huhhuh last night.
(That's code for an all-nighter.)
(That's code for an all-nighter.)
I just needed to get a handle on several projects....
and really....don't feel sorry for me!
and really....don't feel sorry for me!
I can actually face my Monday without an
eye twitch and slurred words this week!!
eye twitch and slurred words this week!!
But why do I tell you all this?
Well...I REALLY wanted to blog about
my secret remedy for the
after effects of an Huhhuh-Huhhuh.
my secret remedy for the
after effects of an Huhhuh-Huhhuh.
You know the symptoms....
You can't stop yawning
You're dragging
You have no energy
Your eyes are dry and scratchy
You start getting that headache that sticks
around for a couple of days....no matter what!
You can't seem to catch up from losing that one night of sleep...
So I've been thinking....
I should sell this like that one woman who lives in
your hometown and has wrinkle-free skin....
you know the one....she has a secret
remedy that drives the dermatologists
and plastic surgeons crazy....
and plastic surgeons crazy....
Or the lady who figured out this one simple thing you
can do to get rid of all your belly fat....
can do to get rid of all your belly fat....
But you know...I'm not in it for money!
No....I'm just imparting a little wisdom
to my dear family and friends.
So let me....free of charge....give you the
pull-an-Huhhuh–Huhhuh-and-live-to-tell-about-it
remedy right now.
The night AFTER the Huhhuh–Huhhuh
(so to avoid confusion...if you pull an Huhhuh–Huhhuh
on Friday, you follow these 4 steps on Saturday):
Take a Tylenol PM no later than 9 pm.
Spray "Sleep" pillow mist on...you guessed it...your PILLOWS.
(Bath and Body Works—I've blogged about this haven't I?)
Get in bed—preferably after a hot shower or soak
Set your alarm like it's a regular day.
AND.....voila!!
You'll wake up feeling fresh and happy....
AND AHEAD!!
Of course, if you were to pull consecutive Huhhuh–Huhhuhs
this would not be for you.
this would not be for you.
So for all my nieces and nephews who still have
one more week of school.....GOOD LUCK!!
AND PLEASE read the labels!!
Here's my fine print label:
Don't tell the grandparents you learned this from me!!
Don't tell the grandparents you learned this from me!!




4 comments:
Carol, I am definitely your OLDER sister. One all nighter and I would be hospitalized.
I would be quite the 'gronse' if I tried to follow your schedule! Goodness, I'm glad you've found something that works. Oh, funny thing about that spray...Ethan was telling me that he was having bad dreams and said we needed to get some spray like Grammy's for his bed. :) Not only does it smell good, it chases the monsters away.
We call it the "sleepy spray". I think the older kids have caught on though.... I use to love it when they would say "I can't go to sleep, I need the "sleepy spray" mom."
So. Please pronounce huhhhuh-huhhuuh.
Need sleep spray, perhaps on my computer screen late at night.
Sorry to add to your all-nighter, kinda. A little sorry. But you are fun to talk to, so at least I have the remedy now.
Post a Comment