Okay.....TMI alert.....just sayin.....
SO......
I realized today that I've crossed that fine line when what you THINK you are (26–27) is shattered by reality (closer to 50).
And what happened to burst my dreamworld?
WELL.....
I was just sitting at my desk here at work waiting for a file to open and you know how you rest your chin in your hand when you're REALLY bored?
SO.....
I rested my chin upon my hand.....
AND....
I felt a little hair on that chinny chin chin.....
SO......
I pinched that little hair between my thumb and pointer finger.....and PULLED IT OUT!!!
Yes. I actually had a MAVERICK!! Reality has slapped me in the face and you can be sure that I'll be doing a DAILY self-examination in front of the mirror.....
AND......
I HATE MIRRORS!!
SIGH.......
I guess I just have to face the fact that even those of us who don't have children getting married or grandkids running around the house have to face OLD eventually.
I just thought I'd have more time to enjoy my "20's".
4th of July 2026
1 month ago
1 comment:
um...who says you have to reach 50 to have 'old' moments? If, one day, you find that your eyesight goes and you can't SEE those 'micar' hairs, you can always call me to come pluck them for you. :) Can you imagine?
Post a Comment