I have to confess.....
I've been having an affair.
It's true.
I go weak in the knees....
I lose all self-control....
And I know I shouldn't but.....I just can't help myself!
It all started when my Canadian stash of
mini-Cadbury bars dried up. It wasn't like
mini-Cadbury bars dried up. It wasn't like
I ate them all the time....just knowing they were
in the secret cooler was enough.
I was okay for awhile....but....I kept hearing
my name....and it started off real
quiet like....until one day I was at Target....
And as I walked down the chocolate/candy aisle....
well a bunch of these were SINGING my name
and of course it was such a pretty song
I couldn't help myself and bought the bag.
Have you had these? Well....you just can't eat one.
Not when they're THAT mini!!
And speaking of mini....have you ever had these....dried?
Yup....there was an abundance of marshmallows awhile back
and I just left the bag open....and voila.....
they were perfect for snacking!
And that's when my life started to take a downward turn.
Well....once you're having an affair with Sugar....
there's just no turning it off.
You can't walk away.
You think about Sugar all day long.
You find ways of just "running into" Sugar.
Now...I'm NOT going to mention the bakery
at a certain restaurant in Riverwoods. No sir.
at a certain restaurant in Riverwoods. No sir.
Because I "ran into" Sugar in their lemon cupcake.
And I'm sorry I sent TWO home last week with
a friend of mine....because they are addicting.
At least I think so.
No picture of these....but imagine
a lemon cupcake...
with lemon frosting...
and crushed lemonheads sprinkled on top.
Ya....no wonder I was addicted, eh?!
Then just ten days ago I was introduced to these little gems.....
Dove's Coconut Creme Milk Chocolate eggs
(well...HALF eggs...which means...yup...I ALWAYS eat 2)
I kept ignoring the obvious....
the tighter pants...
the "muffin top" that expanded to a "tire tube"...
the "don't-ever-leave-the-house-without-a-jacket" feeling.
And then this morning as I was getting ready for choir I noticed
some "filling in" that hadn't been there before.
And...well....I'm finally ready.
I'm ready to give up this affair.
But I can't end it without thanking Sugar.
I really have appreciated the company
these last few weeks....the late nights at the
office have been bearable because of you.
I love how you were SOOOOO patient with me.
You'd just sit in that dark drawer of my desk
and wait for the moment I'd pull it open.
You have made me feel warm and fuzzy,
and ALERT....if only for a short time.
But we've gotta break up. I've gotta get my life back.
The thing is Sugar....I've got this cream dress....
And one of these Sunday mornings
I'm gonna have to put it on.
And if you're still hanging around
.....well.....
it's gonna be a real ugly moment.





7 comments:
Eat as much sugar as you want Carol! It's been my observation that the motab ladies dresses are not usually too fitted. (five of you could fit into one of those dresses/robes) and I love those dark milky way bars.
Hilarious. I LOVE those dark mini Milky Ways...oh my goodness, how I love them! And I love what I've had at La Joilla Groves (oops, was I NOT supposed to say that???)...but I've only had dessert there. I have not, however, had that lemon explosion you talked about here. Wondering if I'd like even though I'm not a huge lemon 'vailest.' And those little Dove thingies...do I dare taste one? Would I ever stop? I'm thinking you better stop this affair AFTER Easter. Too many temptations. (Are you a fan of little Cadbury eggs? Goodness me, I'm going to stop now...)
You're breaking up with Sugar. I'm breaking up with Sugar. Sugar is going to be lonely this summer. I totally get what you said about getting addicted to it--for me it started with a bag of Oreos someone brought over the week after I had Evan. Man oh man. And...it. Must. Stop. We should have some sort of anti-Sugar club.
I've been trying to break up as well. Trouble is, it just keeps finding me. I've heard Dark Chocolate is the best kind to have an affair with. Personally I don't like the stuff. I'm Milk all the Way!
I just got a sugar headache reading this. Easter could you just be over. Need to eat the bunny and be done.
I like those cream dresses. Good luck with your breakup. Why is it that sugar makes you feel so good but only for a short amount of time? Hate it.
This is the BEST POST EVER except now that you are breaking up with Sugar, it is trying to have a rebound relationship with me.
You posted way too many temptations that will haunt and sing to me.
Good luck with cream. Ironic, the name of the dress.
Post a Comment