You know those affairs you try to sever?
The ones that you absolutely CANNOT continue?
The ones that become an addiction....
and then ruin your life forever?
The ones that you absolutely CANNOT continue?
The ones that become an addiction....
and then ruin your life forever?
Well, some of you may remember my love affair with Sugar
(see it here)....
My life was going well for about 72 hours after that blog....no....
it was almost a week and I had everything under control....
I thumbed my nose at Sugar.
Laughed in Sugar's face.
Went UNTOUCHED.
it was almost a week and I had everything under control....
I thumbed my nose at Sugar.
Laughed in Sugar's face.
Went UNTOUCHED.
Then I walked in one night after an exceptionally LONG
and very difficult day at the office and
instead of walking right by the kitchen,
I stopped....thought I heard some whimpering
in the pantry and opened the door.
and very difficult day at the office and
instead of walking right by the kitchen,
I stopped....thought I heard some whimpering
in the pantry and opened the door.
BIG MISTAKE!!
I spotted Sugar just sitting on the shelf....near the back....
looking hurt....and I just couldn't help myself.
I spotted Sugar just sitting on the shelf....near the back....
looking hurt....and I just couldn't help myself.
I let Sugar back into my life.
First it was ONE midnight milky way.
And then I started adding ONE
dark chocolate dove square to the mix....
you know the ones....they have cute
sayings on the inside wrappers....
And then I started adding ONE
dark chocolate dove square to the mix....
you know the ones....they have cute
sayings on the inside wrappers....
I figured popping in a couple of almonds or cashews
would lessen the effects of Sugar....
would lessen the effects of Sugar....
and even though it's a GREAT combination....
it didn't help with having just a LITTLE Sugar in my life....
it didn't help with having just a LITTLE Sugar in my life....
Nope. Not at all. Sugar sat on my nightstand and
waited for me to wake up in the morning.
waited for me to wake up in the morning.
And Sugar would play hide and seek with me at work.
And Sugar would be waiting for me in the car
when I would get in and drive North.
when I would get in and drive North.
Sugar was there in the aisles at the store....
and on cute little tables, in assorted varieties.
and on cute little tables, in assorted varieties.
You see....I knew the best places to find Sugar....
I'd been to all those same places before.
I'd been to all those same places before.
Well....
Two days ago as I was walking into my closet
(not "into" because I wasn't watching where I was going,
but "into" a walk-in closet)....
(not "into" because I wasn't watching where I was going,
but "into" a walk-in closet)....
Anyway....I glanced in the mirror....
and saw a profile of myself....
and saw a profile of myself....
And what I saw was an eye-opening experience.
Sugar had wrapped it's comforting arms around my middle....
and let me tell you....
Sugar has more than one set of arms!!
and let me tell you....
Sugar has more than one set of arms!!
This time I'm SERIOUS.
I mean business.
Tonight when I get home I'm getting rid of Sugar once and for all.
Every last bit.
Does anyone want to come over and help me eat it?


4 comments:
Sugar and I are way too tight...I don't know how you did it. I would have turned into a 'shanic.' If you need to dump some sugar off somewhere, I will take really good care of it. :)
Seriously. Totally understand and am laughing through this great post.
YOu should phone the police. This sugar guys sounds like trouble.
Hi Carol: That was best description of sugar I have ever heard -- I seem to have the same problem. For a week now I have gone without sugar because Sally and I have a scheme to beat sugar. We have to put $10 dollars into a kitty to be used for some worthy cause if we eat sugar. So far this works for me. YOU SHOULD JOIN US. Love, Shauna
Post a Comment