Thursday, November 3, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude

For the past few years I've been invited to share what I am most grateful for with a friend via email. This year I wanted to post images of the people, places and things that are on my list of gratitudes.

So let me start with the most important!


 Mom and Dad
I'm sooooo grateful they decided to adopt after having Diane. They have been such a huge support through every part of my life. I didn't know it when I was younger but distance....both time and space....really do give you better vision.
I tell my friends that being in the Choir has been more fun for them than giving them grandchildren! And it's true. They are second to none when it comes to fan support. They surprised me a week before I was set apart by telling me they were going to drive down for it. It was a wonderful moment for me when Pres. Mac asked Dad to join him in setting me apart as a musical missionary. And Mom....well....she has single-handedly given away more Mormon Tabernacle Choir CDs than anyone else in all of Canada! She even helped me deliver press packets to some of the local television stations in Calgary hoping they'd start broadcasting Music and the Spoken Word. And since they haven't....well....the Shouldice Lodge has a Music and the Spoken Word hour every Monday morning where she shows one or two pre-taped broadcasts....and there is a regular following too! What a wonderful support system I have in my parents.

But that's not all. There are so many more things that my parents do for me.

I'm sooooo very grateful for the prayers, the many phone calls (I NEVER get tired of those!), the genuine excitement when we plan a trip for me to come up, the "you can do it" attitude when life gets difficult. And yes, even the "I think you need to get more sleep" comments! But most importantly, I am grateful for the examples they are of what it means to have faith,  the importance of regular temple attendance, and enduring to the end. I am grateful that they have taught me through word and deed that there is a Heavenly Father who guides us in every aspect of our lives.

So what better people in my life to start my month of gratitude than my parents. I love them with my whole heart!! And in all honesty, I would not be the person I am turning out to be without the influence they've had on my life.
Thank you Mom and Dad....I LOVE YOU!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

None of this surprises me, since I've heard that your parents are amazing plenty of times by Mom. What a 'blessess' it is to have supportive, loving parents in this world. We're both lucky to have been blessed with them, eh?
(Is that worcues coincidental or what??)

Sue said...

Yes, you come from great stock.