I have to admit that sometimes I get
fixated on the BIG things in life.
I'm sure you've been there too.
We all think we "need" something BIG
to make us happy.
But today I've been thinking
about the small things....
the small things in my life
that make me the happiest.
Like.....
A phone message from my parents I could
listen to over and over and over again.
A funny card
Celery cut up in little bite-sized pieces
A text message with a picture of a cute
little girl wearing a FAVULOUS tshirt
or....
A big brother holding his new
baby brother for the first time
or....
Some of my dearest "singing"
friends after a broadcast
A heated mattress pad
A baby bottle cap left after a visit
from a friend and her two boys
"Carol Salmon, S-78"
Hearing my dad breathing in the background
while Mom and I talk on the phone
(he does chime in....don't worry)
Gouda cheese, red grapes and mini-club crackers
A friend who says "I hate to even ask...."
but does anyway!!
(thank you for that)
Rising above all of these is a
still, small voice that whispers
comfort and peace to my soul....
a gentle voice helping me
appreciate the beauty of
the small things in my life.
I am soooooo blessed.
3 comments:
Small things ARE the big things, in the end. What a great list. SO GLAD to see we were a teensy 'sylyt' of it. :)
As am I, for having a Fish friend. :)
Pretty dang eloquent.
Post a Comment