Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude—Looking Up

I've always loved watching the sky. 
I love the way no two sunsets....
or sunrises....
or middays....
are alike. 
I love the variations in the clouds....
the wispy kind and the little cotton balls. 
I love how many colors I can see in the brush stroke 
that spans from one horizon to the other.
It's the colors that draw me in....there are so many 
shades of blue that I can't even begin to count them. 
And pinks. Golds. Purples. Reds. 
You name the color and you'll probably see 
a hundred different shades of it one day.
I am soooooo very grateful for the Grand Artistic Designer.
He knows me so well.
There have been times when I needed 
something so beautiful that I would forget 
about everything else in my life. 
A reminder that there is something 
much more glorious 
and breathtaking 
for my earthbound vision to see.
I just have to remember to look up!

6 comments:

Jess said...

So true! thanks for the beautiful pictures

Jennifer Lee said...

These pictures are beautiful! I love them.

Aubrey said...

This reminds me of that Conference talk. I love all your pics!

Sara said...

Awesome pictures Carol. And beautiful writing. Miss you so much.

Rachel said...

I'm really loving this post...like beautiful 'tiverati' paintings, but the real thing. And somewhere I need to have "Remember to look up" really big...I'm envisioning a vinyl masterpiece of some kind.

Sue said...

Whoa, wax poetic Carol. Didn't know you had it in you!