Sunday, June 24, 2012

Do people actually FINISH this salad?

So Friday night I went up to Cheesecake Factory with a friend to celebrate the end of her rather hectic week (she'd also been sick and needed a tastebud test...). Anyway, we got seated and started looking at the menu. First....that's a HUGE menu.....with wonderful pictures.....and when I saw these really cool looking avocado egg roll appetizers I figured I'd order a salad and those and call it good. We shared those and some sweet potato fries (we are connoisseurs of sweet potato fries and the dipping sauces and HAD to test them). I had a few of those and waited for my salad.

I'm pretty sure if I had a slight balance issue I would have fallen off my chair when the salad was brought out. No kidding....it could have served AT LEAST 4 people!! Emilee laughed pretty hard and took a picture of me and my salad....

 

 So after the initial shock wore off....I immediately asked for a box. I put about a 1/4 of the salad in the box...moved the rice noodles off to the side and it STILL looked huge!!


 

So I started in on trying to eat a few bites. Seriously....I would have been happy with the appetizers but I had been told that this was a great Oriental chicken salad and so I wanted to eat it. Needless to say....the shock of the absolutely GIGANTIC salad was a little like a wet blanket. I had about six bites and called it quits.
 
 So what did I learn? Unless you have prepared your stomach to stretch to a very unnatural size, you need to bring along 4-5 friends who are willing to share a salad. Just sayin'.... I can only imagine how many dumpsters Cheesecake Factory has....NO ONE could eat that whole salad....and I'm sure this is not the ONLY large salad on the dinner menu!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So when are Alison Konrad and I going to Share a salad with you?

Linda J said...

I love the Cheesecake Factory! I also love your new page design - it feels like summer, now if the weather would only cooperate. On the upside Calgary is starting to look like Seattle. Love You!

Rachel said...

We went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory the other day and I ordered the avocado spring rolls (one of my favorites and I usually don't like avocados!) and the arugula salad with golden raisins and nuts...a very small salad. It was perfect. I think it's a side or something. Next time get the rolls and the arugula salad. You won't need a box. ;)

Sara said...

they have some good salads! and they are all huge!

Emily said...

OK, I'll help you share a salad next time! WOW, it's almost insulting to be served such a big salad, right?