Here's the scoop...Alison and her friend Tayli came down with Diane and Konrad to spend the night on Friday. We had a party (mini corn dogs being the main course), and while I was out doing a little stint at a benefit concert, they made some AWESOME videos while they waited for me to get home. Hopefully Alison will post one or two of them.
Saturday morning the plan was to go to Lagoon. Saturday morning a cold front came and dropped rain...and snow...in Pleasant Grove. The girls decided they'd go anyway so we all headed up to Lagoon. Yes, I decided I'd go...hadn't been there since I was 16! So we drove through the rain...and a little snow flurry. By the time we got there, the rain had let up. Still a lot of clouds BUT the sun came out...and we had a lot of fun with just a few people there. I mean the longest we had to wait was less than 5 minutes. I went on a few rides...took a few pictures and even rode WICKED. Yup...that was totally awesome! Anyway, I started to get a little nauseous...after Collosus which was a surprising fact of aging...some of those rides just aren't as fun as they used to be!
Carol and Di on "The Himilayan"...or whatever it's called down here!
Konrad and Diane trying out the Paratrooper. Konrad's not a big ride fan...so the operator (who looked 15) told him AFTER that this was a ride that was worse than some of the others for making people feel sick.
Tayli and Alison on the Zipper! It looked fun...for 11- and 12-year-old girls!So about 2 pm I decided that I had better go home. I had some things to do...and I could no longer feel the tips of my fingers OR my toes. I also had the broadcast in the morning and an extra rehearsal for an upcoming recording...didn't want to get sick you know. Alison and the gang stayed another two hours!! THAT'S when they had the REAL fun!
5 comments:
HAHAHAHAHA Love the neck snapper ride we went on!! I just laughed out loud. I must be part eskimo I wasnt even cold. Konrad was dying. Thanks for the fun.
HEY! Love the pictures! I need some more.... you should check out my blog!!!!! And there is a link at the top of my blog for cute blog backrounds. You should check it out. I bet you would like it...!
One of these times you have to take me to lagoon. :( I have never been!
anyway my snail mail address is
111 Amanda Court, Radcliff, KY 40160
love ya
I'm stalking your blog! Long time, no see. Now I can see you whenever I want!
i like the pictures
Post a Comment