
I thought I'd give Dad a few days before I started my big brother's belated birthday blog (I LOVE alliteration!)....David's the "big brother" I am referring to of course...his birthday is one day after my Dad's....so that makes this too-many-days-to-admit LATE!

David was just that much older than me that I don't remember a whole ton when I was little. He did a lot of homework...and played a bunch of sports. BUT that doesn't mean I don't remember some specific things....like going Christmas carolling as a family and having him at the van door swinging me in with another one of my brother's....at EVERY PLACE we went to. That was what was so fun about Christmas carolling!
I remember crew cuts, then a slight variation to the Beatles hairstyles, and can't forget the short basketball shorts. Aahhh...the good old days, eh Dave?

Whenever any of our stateside family gets up to Calgary, there's always a family picnic (no...NOT in the winter...but hey, there's an idea!)... We have our standards....Steal Sticks...Baci....and David's hat. Gotta love the hat (look for it elsewhere in this blog!).

I remember working in a dead-end daycare job a couple of years out of high school...I liked it, but it wasn't my DREAM job. David had graduated from law school several years earlier, and was working with Dad at Salmon & Company. I don't know if I should be flattered that they thought I could do the job, or if they were just desperate to find cheap labor, but either way, I learned a lot and have had great jobs because of the legal experience I received from Salmon & Company!

My parents have always talked about going to Alaska. One day I get a phone call from Mom telling me that David had talked to them about going on a cruise. Thanks for helping them accomplish a lifelong dream...and getting those life jackets on!
David is super organized....well, except for the garage and if things haven't changed, his office desk...BUT...I'm sure he knows where EVERYTHING is in each of those places! I've only known one or two people who have been able to successfully manage their own business, raise a family, and hold down numerous church callings all at the same time. David is one of them.

My big brother David is willing to serve the Lord with all his heart, might, mind, and strength. And he LOVES being a grandpa...and just saying that makes me laugh...I don't think ANY of my siblings are old enough to be grandparents!!

So Dave, happy BELATED birthday! I don't even KNOW how old you are...and if I did, you know I wouldn't BLOG THAT. Love ya tons BIG BROTHER!!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday David! I know how old you are: 10 years older than I am. I remember playing board games the night before you entered the MTC.
Carol,
Thanks for the memories. In that first photo montage are you certain that is me in the two photos to the far left - I don't remember them.
David
Pretty sure it was you...Ross and Bruce were in those pictures as well...Don't know who Dad would have taken pictures of if it wasn't you...can't you see hints of yourself in that cute face? You might want Bruce to clarify...he called the 2nd from the left the "Hole in the Wall Gang". I took those pictures from his facebook page (Thanks Bruce!)
OK sis.... love the past blogs... but time for another one. I'm getting "cisish", and I can't even describe how that feels!
Post a Comment