Monday, May 4th Konrad and Lori celebrated birthdays....and I have to say, I wondered whether I should do a separate or combined blog for them. I figured two for the price of one was a good deal (we Salmons are ALWAYS looking for the good deals!).

Lori married Bruce. They have 9 kids...and they also are grandparents. That means that Lori MUST be older than me...HA! But, she's always made me feel like I'm just as smart, and just as talented as she is...which makes me laugh because she's so much wiser than I am! There are two or three specific things I have to say about Lori that makes me happy she's in the family. Mom and Dad were visiting Bruce and Lori when Mom had to go in for emergency surgery—the life-threatening kind. I was in Utah...Mom was at Lori's. I don't know how I would have been able to get through such an experience (or Mom either), had I not known Lori's character and spirit. She took care of Mom better than I could have taken care of Mom. I was soooo grateful that Lori was there for Mom. And even though it was a lot of work, Lori never complained and was always positive through it all. Her kindness and care for Mom put my heart and mind at ease. I will ALWAYS been grateful for her loving kindness.
Second. Lori is a fabulous volleyball player. I remember watching her play, and then when we'd get together as a family, I always wanted to be on her team. The funny thing is, she's so kind and gentle and then when you get her playing, she's a go-getter, competitive player...with that nice, gentle exterior! It's fun to play and when I've gone to visit there's always some kind of game going on. Softball, volleyball, any-kind-of-ball!
I love watching Lori work a family get-together. She never looks frazzled...even if she is on the inside. She always has nice things to say, and can laugh at herself...a RARE quality. She has really taught her family the value of work and I have always been impressed at the way her kids are always wanting to help clean up when we're together.

Lori really is one of those gentle souls, the kind that just makes you feel so happy to be around!
Now let me move on to Konrad...yes, that would be the Konrad of "Diane and Konrad".

Hmmm....what can I say about Konrad? KIDDING HERE!! I LOVE Konrad. Absolutely. And this is why I know. I'm not a fan of being teased. Oh...I've gotten A LOT better BUT still... Let me just say that Konrad can tease me...sometimes mercilessly...and I seem to be able to take it (I think). Case in point...and I won't go into details BUT we once played a game called Masterpiece. And a certain piece of art got into my hands. And...well...I couldn't sell it. Needless to say, it's something that Konrad brings up every once in awhile and can't even stop laughing for several minutes. Aahhhh....I LOVE Konrad!
Seriously though, I have had some tender discussions with Konrad about my life and experiences that I've gone through and he has ALWAYS listened to me go on and on and on and on. But then he asks the important questions and has ALWAYS given me wise counsel, and is always supportive. He honors his priesthood...and I have been a recipient of that power through him.

Konrad works hard. He has goals. He has direction. He knows what he wants in life. Most importantly, Konrad knows how to prioritize the important things. He LOVES his family. AND he's not afraid to show it. I love going up to Logan because I know there's an abundance of love, and laughter, and fun times there. I feel like I'm part of that as well...and it's something that I have tried to develop in my life because of the way Konrad has treated me. Thanks for being such a great brother-in-law!
So extend the PAR-TAY...have another cake and streamers if you want...because I'm here to wish you both a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment