Sunday, August 2, 2009

THE BLAZ MAN


Sometimes I wonder what comes first...the pictures or the blog post.

Today I just have to go with the post and not so many pictures because....as you will note....there are only two. All my pictures for this post need to be scanned. Alas, I do not own a scanner at my home (this...I think...MUST change SOON).

Chris is Linda's husband....or maybe I should say Chris is...Chris.

There isn't another person in the world that could complete Linda as well as Chris does. He knows what my sister's strengths are...and what she's capable of doing in blessing so many lives...and LETS HER DO IT!!

Chris is a computer genius. BUT...he's also a home demolition expert, a framer, flooring specialist, an electrician, he does archways, and can even do those rounded corners you see in houses. Chris has a motorcycle license. Yes...I'm a bit envious of that. Chris is a multi-talented, self-learning, humble man.

Chris is the father of four children—Ross, Zach, Justine, and Madison. His boys are both serving missions right now so he's a "lone man" in his home. It takes a REAL MAN to live in a home with only women.

One thing that I have observed...and which I am grateful for...is Chris' willingness to serve in any calling...even when it seems like he doesn't have enough hours in the day for everything else in his life. I admire Chris' commitment to the gospel. His commitment in sharing his love of the Savior with family, friends, and neighbors. Like Linda, he shares, and serves, and cares for those around him, whenever he sees a need.

President Hinckley talked about the links in a chain...how we need to strive to be a strong link...and not a weak link. Chris has worked hard his whole life to be that strong link...instead of sitting back and letting circumstances hinder his progression, he's used those challenges as a springboard to become a better person. And because of this, he has an eternal family.

So today (two days late), I want to wish Chris a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love having you in the family Chris...thanks for choosing to be part of it!

3 comments:

Carol J said...

Just wondering how the "BLAZMAN" got his name???? You never miss a birthday... that I admire. And... I will vote for the scanner! But then... one more machine to tackle. Love learning about your family and all those people that have put up with you for the last 40 something years!
C1

Sara said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE CHRIS!!!
WE LOVE YOU!

Ryan + Jess said...

We love Uncle Chris, too and love being able to see them lots and lots! Love your birthday posts. You are the best!!