Tuesday, September 15, 2009

29...AGAIN?

So Someone is having a birthday today...and another Someone had a birthday last week.



And I just thought that I needed to do a birthday blog for these two women who have been such good friends for such a long time.



I met them on a plane. Well, I met CyndyS on the plane. I met CarolJ when we got off. It was a great couple of weeks listening to their stories and watching them and laughing with them.



And then it continued when we got back as we wandered through the tunnels and parking lots on Thursdays and Sundays.



I learned a lot just listening to them talk about things. Their experiences, work and life in general, callings, their family joys and sorrows.



What makes these two women stand out amongst the crowd is how genuine they are. What you see is what you get.



They have no pretenses, they aren't jostling for any position, they don't step on others to get ahead in life. In fact, what I see in them is an inner, NATURAL desire to lift and bless and inspire those around them. They are good women.



CyndyS is across the Atlantic with her husband presiding over a mission in Europe. She's missed here on this side of the "pond". But she is watching over and caring for a lot of missionaries...bearing her testimony, hosting church officials, visiting with members and non-members alike, and making LOTS of transfer lunches! This woman is spreading joy throughout the country and I'm sure there are many who now have felt as I have the goodness that exudes from CyndyS!



CarolJ is here...working hard, serving in the Choir-that-must-not-be-named. She is a whiz with cellophane, ribbon, and baskets, and many have been recipients of her "artwork".



She manages a family business, takes care of kids and grandkids, and half of her community. CarolJ goes about doing good continually. And is a quiet and unassuming, yet stalwart member of a Choir that blesses the lives of thousands each and every week.



She never does anything "just to get by". She rolls up her sleeves, gets to work, and just makes it the best it could ever be. She's got an innate ability to make something that starts off mediocre into something that dazzles. And not just tangible things. She does that with people. I always feel like I'm better than I really am when I'm around CarolJ.



So HAPPY BIRTHDAY CyndyS and CarolJ....two wonderful women who have influenced, and CONTINUE to influence me for good!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Great thoughts on great women...I'm one lucky "deucessi" to call one of them mom!

Anonymous said...

Sharon said,'"WOW! Lucky me. I know two of those women and they are absolutely spectacular in every way! There is no greater gift than good friends who lift you and inspire you to want to be better and do better. The Carols do that for me! I love them!

Lindy Salmon said...

I apologize as my comment is unrelated to this post . . . Cyndy and Carol seem like lovely people. I just had to tell you that I took your advice on how to toast my almonds and didn't burn down our apartment :)