
A year or so ago I went cell phone shopping. My phone was losing the charge...and rather than get a new battery...that I'd have to pay for...I opted to get a new phone...that I didn't have to pay for (gotta love the "Two New" plan at Verizon).
One day before Choir, CarolJ and I met at the Verizon store at The Gateway to handle each phone (imagine the GERMS!)...and run it through our rigorous test. We were looking for the PERFECT phone (yes, CarolJ was in the market for one as well)!
CarolJ came upon the LG VX9400 first. It was cool. It swivelled.

It was black and silver. And didn't weigh much. And well...we both liked it a lot. I had a Chocolate at the time. It was top heavy...and there was a funky thing I had to do with my pinky finger to balance it while I texted...and when I texted, it cramped my thumb if the text was more than five or six words. BUT...the LG...WOW...what a SWEET texter this baby was!! I LOVED IT. And not surprisingly, so did CarolJ.
Oh the texts we sent to each other when our phones arrived! And the words...we actually started our own dictionary. "Tibetat" was our phone's version of viaduct. "Exceesho" was what our phone called Excedrin. "Poodligog" was one of the more innovative words our phone came up with...it was it's version of something. It was an adventure every time we would send a text to each other...just to see what our "smart" phones would come up with.
And then tragedy struck. CarolJ got a "free" Blackberry Storm. And how can you say no to a FREE BLACKBERRY? Hard. CarolJ couldn't.

But how my phone spiraled into a deep depression. It refused to swivel so I couldn't text. And really, there was no fun in texting. What would this high tech Blackberry know about tibetats, or Exceesho, or poodligogging?
And even though her new phone looked super cool,

had more space for texting,
and had the "I have everything you could possibly want" attitude,

Well, it wasn't the LG VX9400.
And even though CarolJ wanted to throw it against the wall...or stomp on it...

or kick it really hard...

she didn't. Instead, CarolJ would just lose it. Or leave it in the car. Or just ignore it.
I would get texts like this

or this

or no texts at all.
And what was even worse...the LG VX9400 was a "special limited offer" phone. Verizon wasn't selling it anymore so even if she had wanted to, she couldn't have traded her Storm in.
Then something happened...

I made my very first bid on an ebay item...yup...an LG VX9400. And I didn't win. So I bid on another LG VX9400. And another.

And then...with the help of TARA (my expert ebay/paypal niece who has a vinyl cutting business)
I GOT ONE!

AND....MY LG was sooo excited when the new one came in the mail that it wouldn't let me wait for a certain someone's birthday...no, my LG made me wrap that LG VX9400 up in pretty green paper and a rather "artistic" bow, and give it to my friend CarolJ...just because we're Carol2!!
Yesterday I got this

So I replied
6 comments:
ha ha. i love the pictures of the texts. Really cool phones.
SSSOOOOO GLAD you didn't mention my name in this one, since I became the recipient of the blessed phone...even though it WAS NOT my idea. I didn't know you two were such "glookes" about a phone!
Isn't the first eBay win SO exciting?!
hahahahahaahahha.
I love ebay.
this post is pretty hilarious.
i'll see you soon??? right??
Haha ! I'm glad you were able to find another one...awesome!
PS. YOU LEAVE TOMORROW!!!
That was hilarious! I'm glad this was a happy ending...and it gave me a good laugh. Perfect.
Post a Comment