Monday, March 2, 2009

Bucket List


Here's the deal from Alison: first you write 25 things you want to do before you die or "til whenever". Then, at the end of your list, kick the "bucket" to other bloggers. And lastly, Enjoy it!!

1. NASCAR or similar track...and me...driving a very fast car
2. Map out the places in the Tabernacle where my voice is heard from my seat in the loft....that way I can say...."hey I LOVE your pink blouse" to a little old lady sitting in the audience!
3. See the Aurora Borealis from somewhere in Alaska or northern Canada
4. Spend a week in a VERY WARM place (preferably by a sandy beach) with no agenda
5. Have FAMILY names to take with me when I attend the temple
6. Spend a WHOLE DAY doing things that will make me laugh out loud
7. Do ANYTHING without analyzing it to death
8. Go on a two-day road trip where the destination is decided AFTER we're in the car.
9. Free-fall skydiving...NOT tandem skydiving...just me...master of my own destiny!
10. Go to Disneyland for a day
11. Get over my fear of painting my walls
12. Eat cheese and a baguette while people watching in Paris
13. Take a motorcycle ride through the back roads of New England...in the fall...with nice weather.
14. Go on a tour with the Choir...OUTSIDE of the United States
15. Sign up for a cooking class...from a really cool chef/school
16. Watch ALL the Doris Day movies start to finish without a break...well you know what I mean
17. Fly a plane...just for a couple of minutes...don't need to be a full-fledged pilot
18. Florence, Italy...museums/churches...countryside...little shops...you get the picture
19. Find the perfect Chinese food restaurant...within driving distance!
20. Decorate Christmas trees like CarolJ
21. Write a book...any kind of book
22. Eat a whole box of Mac&Cheese...by myself...in one sitting...without getting sick
23. Learn to make a perfect pie crust
24. Attend a really cool Broadway show in...yup...New York City
25. Become an expert at "rolling with the punches"....what does that mean anyway...how can you "roll" with punches, shouldn't you DODGE the punches or TAKE the punches or I don't know....do you? Matt, my over-the-wall buddy knows. I just asked him.

So I'm kicking the bucket to the WORCUES gang...you know who you are...and, well, anyone who wants to have some fun thinking about things they'd like to do before they can't anymore...in the flesh that is!

Happy bucket listing!

8 comments:

jefferies family said...

No, none of the Easter items were from me. What did you get?? My Thursdays are any given Thursday in a calendar year. I am quite the "fulsama". I get on my own nerves. I mean when I say I am going to do something I should just get off my "fulsama" and do it!! You know what I mean!? This bucket list may be a task in and of itself. So, I think I will do it on Thursday.

Alison Margot Lee said...

Love the Doris Day one. toodles. This is going to be fun..and WE made it UP!!!!

Diane said...

My verification word is "molsize" Wow, I didn't know anyone knew I had a mole on my head of unusual size. Alison finds it when she does my hair. HAHAHAHA. Love the bucket list. I noticed you want to go lay on a beach and get cold drinks with me. HAHAHA. WHen?

Tara Fears said...

I would LOVE to watch Doris Day all day ... any day! And Uh, should I admit on your blog that I just ate a whole box of spiral mac and cheese just the other day? I think i got sick...but not sick just felt sick that I actually did it! It was yummy though...I think i'll wait a few months before trying that one again.

Rachel said...

Wow, so I guess I'm a worcuser, right? I'll get to it when I can...life is full of "phers" right now. And we may have to put the raincheck back to April...I've got something scheduled every weekend this month...CAN'T WAIT for March to end!

Kathryn said...

So we are in WA but we are coming to UTAH!!! So we should hang out.
later

kjerstina said...

I love your list! I have done a couple, including #22 when I was a kid!

When your ready for that Broadway show, let us know!!!

DebWalker said...

Hey- Great list! We've got some of the same things going on...if I made a list. Can I be the one to go to NYC with you to see the Broadway play or maybe to go to Italy and rome the countryside. Sounds fun to me :-) You should see Holly's list-