Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Linda Jean is ANOTHER year OLDER!


Have to tell you...NOT having my laptop is KILLING my blogging time!! For instance, when I'm at work I'm soooo darn busy that I don't have time to post anything. When I get home I think..."oh I could blog tonight," but alas...the only thing I have at home is Dad's old PC...and when I say old...well, IT'S OLD!! I can READ blogs, but I can't POST anything because I have no pictures on that computer. "Use a thumb/jump drive" you might say. This computer is so old there is not such thing as USB (or UPB) plug. Enough of this...

Let me tell you about Linda Jean instead...I'll post the pictures when I have time at the office...hope it's soon!

Linda Jean. Our even out the family child. I was the so Diane won't be spoiled child. Of course there were other reasons too...but those seemed to be the quick and easy response to why we were adopted.

The REAL REASON we adopted Linda Jean was because we needed someone who was ARTISTIC! we had a lot of people who played sports...but we needed some balance. Thank goodness Linda came along...her stylin' clothes in high school, her painting, drawing, and sculpting...she has the COOLEST sculpture...wish I could find a picture of it! It's a pair of hands...with a head resting on it...you know the "lay your head on your hands pose"...yup...I knew I needed a picture to explain that one!!

Linda can throw together a party in no time. I have to say that when we have a family gathering, if it's at Linda Jean's, there's always something decadent being offered. Oh, and let's just say that her laugh is so contagious!! It makes me laugh just thinking about it!

Linda had the lightest hair growing up...I can't she was our blondest because that has too many meanings! Cute little Linda in her little blonde pigtails...with a huge mosquito bite on her eye...oh Linda was/is allergic to those little blood suckers. The bites would swell up and she'd scratch them and then she'd have tons of band aids all over her body. Mom should have invested in the Calamine Lotion Company during Linda's growing up years.

Linda taught me lots of things....bathtub etiquette...if you don't know the story, don't ask. She taught me about frostbite...thanks to losing her mitten while outside playing one cold winter day. I think that sort of got Linda into the left hand/ambidextrous thing. She was allergic to cats and dogs too...but that didn't stop her from playing with them.

Linda also taught me that being yourself and doing your own thing was totally cool. She had lots of friends...I think it was because Linda didn't care who you were, or where you lived, or what you had in your lunch bag. She is one of those people who just enjoys people. Period.

Remember that trip to Conference in Salt Lake when we were taking the limo down to add miles (see Dad's birthday blog)....well, Linda Jean and one of her sisters...it wasn't me...were out by Seagull Monument during a session. When we came out of the tabernacle there was Linda...her socks had been pulled WAY UP...past her knees...because she had "accidentally" fallen into the fountain. Linda had stretched her socks...that didn't go to her knees in the first place...way past her knees hoping no one would notice that they were all wet and soggy. Yup...that girl LOVES the water!

Linda also LOVES to serve...her neighbors, her ward, her family, her Heavenly Father. What a good person she is. Mom will call me and we'll start talking and she'll say something like, "I heard from Sister XX, she's in Linda's ward and says that they LOVE Linda...she'll do anything for anyone." And it's true. Linda really will do ANYTHING for ANYONE...even if it changes her plans or makes her work harder to get something done.

So Linda...come back in a few days and see if I've added any pictures...they are CUTE CUTE CUTE pictures!! You won't want to miss them!!

Love ya sis! Glad we were both "surprises"...we wouldn't have made it into the same family otherwise!

1 comment:

Alison Margot Lee said...

This is such a cute shrine!