Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Mark!


My brother turns ?? today! I'll let him tell you his new age...but I thought I'd blog about him instead of sending him a birthday card. Maybe he'll get more HB wishes this way! Anyway, today I've been reminiscing about my life with Mark...so I decided to just share some of my FAVES...if any of you need any explanations...well, you might want to ask Mark.

Deep ditches with homemade rafts
The shack and all those holes we dug
A very LARGE teepee (I think Laurel fell off of that)
Wearing an old raincoat and a pocket full of chains, walking towards the house crying, "Help meeee....Help meeee..."
An old spool (for telephone wire), padded inside (ever so slightly), and the hill in front of the acreage
A cage for gophers...need I say more?
Lots of Church basketball games
A bag of green mashed potatoes
A proposal to his sweetheart and the picture in the city newspaper the next day (lucky for us Loraine said YES!)
Five very cute babies (that turned into five rather gorgeous and handsome adults)
Catching, killing, and eating crab
Multiple options and all the answers about ANY building project I've called him about
A commitment to doing what's right, and living the gospel with all his heart

Mark has made me laugh with his stories, made me feel like I could build anything, and makes me want to live in such a way to still enjoy this "brotherhood" through eternity!

Soooo HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mark...it's been soooo fun these past ?? years (I'd be giving away MY age if I filled in that one!)

1 comment:

Stacey Salmon said...

Nice tribute. I tried to call him today but he is away on business so maybe I should have blogged out a B-day post. I didn't know if all of the pictures were of my dad, but after spotting his signature "eyes-closed-in-all-pictures" look, I have concluded that you attached the right pictures to the post. Happy birthday dad......the big 50!!