Wednesday, February 18, 2009

BLENDERS


A funny thing happened today....I actually found someone who loves to blend just as much as I do! I know....you would think there would be a lot of those in the choir-that-must-not-be-named, but sometimes its hard to find that perfect blender. We do well as a whole, but to sit by someone who truly knows the art of "the blend", well, I can think of only a few, and of them, my favorite second alto is Joanne....she's FAVULOUS! And I LOVE it when the planets are aligned and the seating goddess puts us together.

But tonight I sang with a second soprano who makes it easy to blend to her. Yup...it's a matter of blending TO the other person's voice. It takes selflessness, and a love of "the blend" to be able to make it work. So here we were...both giving up a little to match the sound of the other. I felt like I could have "sung all night" (and should have because there were just a couple of spots where the notes just wouldn't sink in).

So why blog about "the blend"...well...it's rare to find a soprano and an alto who can blend so well, AND who are not related. You hear a real blend in families who sing together because of the genetic similarities they share. So to find someone you're NOT related to, but with whom you can blend, well....that's a BLOGGING MOMENT! So thank you CarolJ for giving me the opportunity to enjoy "the blend" tonight!

6 comments:

Jeanell said...

You know what?
If I can blend with Rachel... who then blends with Mom... who turns around and blends with you...
Just think what would happen if we all blended together? It would be "mirti" to the ears.

Rachel said...

Until about half-way down, I had a picture of a food blender in my head and I wondered why it was meriting a post...I see now! Yes, we must all get together and blend and create a beautiful "ardome."

Carol J said...

Just who are those two FAVULOUS beauties... who have blended clothing as well.... I bet they'd be fun to get to know! Hmmmmm By the way.. the music was a sweet "sarome" to my ears.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it has to do with her name being Carol, too!! You have a secret bond with each other. Doesn't it just send shivers down your spine when the perfect blend is achieved??

Ryan + Jess said...

Actually, that last comment was Jessica. Sorry for the confusion:)

Jeanell said...

just one more thing to add..
I also thought you were talking about "blenders" like to make fancy drinks... you know!
I also thought when my mom mentioned "Two Beauties" she was referring to her daughters because we had just posted previously. I stand corrected again.
Oh I feel like such a fabili!