
I used to think typing the characters you see in the picture above in order to post a comment on someone's blog was dumb. Who comes up with those "words" anyway? Just random letters put together...I know, I know... However, a few nights ago when I was posting on a friend's blog, what I was supposed to type struck my rather LARGE funny bone!
RachelM did a "first five people to comment and tell me what we have in common, wins"....wins what I'm not sure, but it had been 3 or 4 hours since she posted that blog when I went in to comment. I wanted to be one of the five but didn't have high hopes. So I was feeling a little dejected writing our commonality when I glanced down at the "type what you see" word and just started laughing out loud.
horph
I decided that part of my comment would include a sentence using the word "horph". His necktie was tied so ridiculously, we were horphing our heads off.
I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I've had making up sentences for Blogger "words". I even went in to comment boxes with no intention of commenting just to see what word I would get. (If you're worried about my mental state don't...refer to "Sleep Deprivation" in the archives!)
You ought to try it though...there are some really great sounding words out there that would fit beautifully into a sentence...and yes, next time I comment on your blog, just expect a fabulous sentence using a newly acquired word in my blogging dictionary!
4 comments:
Ok... I am so honored to be the actual "first" commenter... or commentator (is that a common potato?) on your b-l-o-g! Now just say that slow and let the spit form in your mouth and just fill your mouth cavity with air and roll that word out. Yuk! Still don't know how "whomever" came up with that name (BLOG) for an activity as fun as all of the postings I have been reading the last month. But I just HAD to comment... cuz... it reminds me of my phone (actually... "our" phones Carol S.) that spell ridiculous words when we are saying something else.. like "exceesho" (great for headaches) and "date" (someone I've been married to for 37 years) and fattulous and dociles (which incidently tasted delicious the other night) bake them with chopped green onions, chopped olives and grated cheese on the top and voila... a wonderful mexican dish! And then the slip of the tongues that we've incorporated into our vocabularies and been documenting.... like "prouble" and "recogsizing". Why soon.... we will have a whole new language and no one will be able to understand what in the heck we're talking about. Not a bad idea actually. And... now shizees... so... when I go to post this.... I'm going to enter "gontne" ... makes perfect sense....Cuz the other day, I stayed home from work because I came down with the "gontne". SHEEPI
I have a feeling you may have started something here...you're quite the wordy trend-setter. Well, better go...I'm in need of a little RESPO.
That's czate cool!
I am posting just so I can have a word. It is 'ovely'. Dang it! All I need is a stupid L.
Blast.
oh well.
Post a Comment