
I have this friend I met a couple of years ago. He was totally excited to see his Mom after tour...and I just happened to be there with his Mom so I got introduced. I just thought then that he was a pretty cool kid. Anyway, I got lucky because he started working with the Choir soooo we became friends! He makes me laugh, and tells me great stories. He's FAVULOUS! We've gone out and eaten sometimes before Choir. We've even made jokes about his Mom's shopping habits. My friend and I have gone to movies and we've even been bowling...but I don't like to remind him about it because he's beaten me. I've watched him hit so many three-pointers in basketball games that I stopped counting! I've been out to his place a few times...even saw his "wall of _ _ _ _ _"!


Recently we got tickets to the Draper Temple open house...and it was one of the best nights all year! We had this cute little boy and his family behind us...who kept walking into my friend...and then we had a really funny conversation with him on the bus ride back to our cars, and when we got there, this little boy gave my friend a BIG HUG and told him he loved him. I mean really, what's not to love about my friend?
I've been to Disneyland with him, and Nellie's and Cam's and Rachel's, and Ryan's and Aaron's....not IN PERSON, but I've been on the phone with him when he walks in the door, or when he walks out so...it's like I've been there. I've even been on a date with him...well, not really but as soon as he dropped her off, I was there. I've been to one or two of his doctor's appointments with him...took pictures of his therapist who put that first VERY BULKY splint thing on his wrist for the first time! I even talked to him on the way in for his actual surgery...wow...that was a day eh friend? Now that I'm thinking about it...I even went out and made fun of his PINK CUBE...all the way to Grantsville...just to tease him about the color of his cube!! And that really was a fun day!


I have watched him work like a crazy man at Choir...and admired his ability to talk with ANYONE. I even saw him get ordained to be an Elder. Now THAT was a "journal entry" day. What a great Elder he is! I've had talks with him about all sorts of things...even about the twelve days of Christmas...now that was a fun couple of weeks. He is the BEST at keeping secrets...haven't met anyone better than him!

But he's been MISSING IN ACTION the last couple of weeks...I think I lost my connection to him in that really bad FOG in Salt Lake a couple of weekends ago when I was helping his Mom out with a few of the granddaughters. The fog was sooo bad even my car battery died! I thought my phone still worked, but I haven't gotten any texts. And the phone calls I used get and sooooo enjoy...haven't had but one or two!
So if you've seen this rather handsome young man, let me know. I KNOW he's still out there...just can't seem to find that boy! (And no, he's the one on the RIGHT, not the LEFT!)
3 comments:
I am one of the lucky ones who gets to see this rather sharp and handsome boy everyday!! If I feel the urge I will send him your way. Great post by the way, we are truley blessed to know this special young man, eh! (isn't that you Eskimos say...)
Looks familiar... I know I've seen him before.... that smile... I know it from somewhere... Hairs a little light from what I remember... but I'm sure it will come to me... in the meantime... I'll keep a look out for him.
You're the best!!! How can he go missing when you have been the best??? Maybe someone has kidnapped him... in that case... did you find a ransom note anywhere??? Might want to look... then you'll have to decide whether he's worth putting up the money to get back.... hmmmmmm
Since silliness and sarcasm is normally our "thing," just know I mean this sincerely...SOooooo glad you're part of 'our family' and Collin's best bud. You've been a blessing to him more than you'll ever know.
OK...back to being silly and sarcastic again...
Post a Comment